Wireless is free at GHPL and no password is required. In order to connect to the WiFi network users are required to accept the library’s Internet Usage Policy on a splash screen after selecting the appropriate network.
- Obtain IP Address automatically (DHCP)
- Disable all encryption (WEP or WPA)
What Equipment Do I Need?
- A laptop equipped with an 802.11b/g/n compatible network card and accompanying software (if required).
Is the WiFi Network Secure or Private?
- All WiFi connections are less secure than wired access.
- WiFi users should educate themselves about the security risks, and take steps to secure their personal information.
- WiFi users may choose not to transmit their credit card or other personal information while using any WiFi “hotspot”, including the library´s network.
- The library cannot assure the safety of your data when you use either our wired or wireless Internet access.
Can I Print from the WiFi Network?
- Printing is not currently offered to Wifi users.
- While we do not charge you to connect to our Wireless Network we do ask that you pay $1.00 per hour if you require your computer/tablet/device to be plugged in for power.