Visit OverDrive to start downloading eBooks and Audiobooks today.
Grey Highlands Public Library offers access to a collection of downloadable E-Books and Audiobooks provided by the Southern Ontario Library Service. These eBooks can be read on an eBook reader like the Sony Reader, Kobo, on many tablets such as the Apple iPad, and on most computers. Unfortunately our collection is not readable on the Amazon Kindle devices, but a list of Supported Readers can be found on the OLSDC web site. To get started, find your device on the Getting Started with OverDrive guide. To set up your device:
- For people using tablets and smartphones, install the Overdrive Media Console App to optimize your reading experience. Note: If you are using a Kobo, check to see if it is an Android product. If so, download using the Android version.
- On your computer, download and sign up for an Adobe Digital Editions account to check out eBooks (except for on specific Apple and Android devices). Instructions on how to install this free software can be found in the Quick Start Guide. Don’t forget the email or password you used for the Adobe ID.
To find books on OverDrive:
- Go to OverDrive
- Sign in to your account
- Search for Grey Highlands Public Library
- Type in your Library Card number.
- Start searching!
- Click here to view the printable How To: Overdrive
Digital Audiobooks can be played on your computer, transferred to a variety of Portable devices, and some can even be burned to a CD. To see if your portable device is compatible with our audio formats please Click Here. Visit Overdrive to start downloading eBooks and Audiobooks today.
Did you know that you can download eBooks using your library card?
- Safe content
- Reading levels are identified
- Non-fiction, fiction, and picture books!
- English and French books!