Grey Highlands Public Library is a member of the Southern Ontario Library Service. In 2008 the Ontario Ministry of Culture announced an investment of $15 Million to help SOLS and OLS-North work collaboratively to “support public libraries to bridge the digital divide and to provide all Ontarians with equitable access to digital information, community collections and services”.
Downloading E-Books and Audiobooks takes only a few steps. Make sure you’re on a computer with an internet connection (high-speed internet is strongly recommended) and be sure you have Adobe Digital Editions and Overdrive Media Centre installed. Have your library card ready and get ready to enjoy E-books and Audiobooks on your computer and/or portable device!
- From the Grey Highlands Public Library website, under the menu titled “eBranch” click on the link that says E-Books and Audiobooks. This will bring you to the Ontario Library Service Download Centre.
- The next step is to log in to your account. You can do this by clicking on the “Login” button located near the top of the web page. On the following screen select Grey Highlands Public Library from the list and enter in your library card number.
- Now you can browse all of the titles available. When you’ve found something you would like to check out, make sure it is compatible with your computer and/or tablet/portable device. “Click add to Cart” when you’ve found something you would like to check out. You can continue browsing and add more items to your cart (maximum of 5) or you can proceed to check out to sign out your materials.
- Once proceeding to check out you will be able to select a lending period (7 or 14 days for most items). Confirm checkout.
- On the next screen download the materials you have checked out to your computer to the folder of your choice (don’t forget where you save them!) Open the file and you’re all set to go.
- If you have any difficulties please refer to help.overdrive.com for great tutorials and guides to help you access online materials.