“Friends of the Library” is a group of private citizens who volunteer their time to support the activities and objectives of their public library. There are many opportunities for YOU to get involved — Be Part of History! The Founding Meeting of the Friends was held in February of 1992.
What are ‘Friends’ for?
The purpose of “Friends is:
- To enhance and support the extension and improvement of the services and resources of the 3 branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library and to assist in raising community awareness of the public library.
- The “Friends shall seek to achieve its aim by raising funds, obtaining materials needed by the Library and by making available to the Library the personal or professional services of the association’s members and others.
- The Friends may undertake lawful activities to raise funds or to obtain materials in support of Grey Highlands Public Library.
You may want to get involved in one or more of these areas:
- Board of Directors
- Volunteer Committees
- Author readings
- Pie Sales
- Quilt Raffles
- Yard Sales
- Book Sales
What “Friends” don’t do:
- “Friends” never do the work of the library staff.
- “Friends” don’t set library policy.
How Do I Become a Friend?
Give us a call if you’d like to become a Friend of the Library, or use the form on our “Contact Us” page.
- Flesherton: (519) 924-2241
- Walter Harris (Markdale): (519) 986-3436
- Kimberley: (519) 599-6990