Library Service Updates
Please note all services and hours are subject to change!
The Grey Highlands Public Library is excited to announce that the Flesherton and Walter Harris Branches re-open to the public on Tuesday, July 6, 2021 with adjusted hours (Please refer to our website for hours.).
Note: Kimberley Branch will continue to provide Curbside Service until further notice.
What We’re Asking Of You
- Do not enter the library if you currently have or recently had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are feeling unwell.
- Keep your hands clean. Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the library and should be used upon entry to the library.
- Maintain at least 2 metres of distance from others.
- Wear a mask while inside the library.
- Eating or drinking within the library is not permitted at this time.
- Computers are available for a maximum of 1-hour sessions. Printing is available.
- Check out website frequently for any service updates
On March 16th, all branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library closed as a preventative measure to minimize the possible spread of COVID-19. In July, all three branches began offering Curbside Pickup. On September 19th, two branches opened to the public for limited service and hours.
On December 23rd, 2020, due to the Provincial Lockdown, all branches were closed to the public, and Curbside Pickup services were made available on December 29th.
As of Wednesday December 23rd, 2020, all branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library were closed to the public. Only Curbside Pickup services resumed on December 29th, 2020, until the library re-opening date, on February 23rd, 2021.
As of Thursday April 1st, 2021, all branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library were closed to the public due Ontario’s Emergency Break measures. Only Curbside Pickup services remained available.
As of Friday April 16th, 2021, All branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library are closed in response to the critical threshold and stay-at-home order announced by the Grey Bruce Public Health Unit. Curbside pickup is not available until further not
As of Saturday April 24th, 2021, all branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library remain closed to the public due Ontario’s Emergency Break measures. Curbside Pickup services are now available.
Digital Services Continue to Expand!
- Borrowing eBooks and digital audio books is very easy! Download the “Libby” app onto your devices and access Here (Don’t forget: there are lots of children’s, juvenile, and young adult materials available this way as well).
- You can stream films, documentaries, and courses through RBDigital and Kanopy!
- eResources available through our website can be found here:
The Do: This is a local site, provided by the United Way, both for people who want to volunteer their assistance and for people to get different kinds of supports relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. Get started today and help (or get help from) your community!
Authoritative Information on COVID-19
Information from Local, Provincial, and National Agencies
- (March 15, 2021) Press Release: On-line Booking for COVID-19 Vaccine Goes Active March 15; Grey Bruce Public Health
- (June 7, 2020) COVID-10 Recovery Phase Plans Grey Bruce Public Health
- (June 7, 2020) Novel Coronavirus Information Center Elsevier
- (May 26, 2020) COVID-19 Eligibility Rules for Benefits CLEO
- (April 24, 2020) Follow #CanadaDuringCOVID on Instagram – courtesy of Historica Canada – to share your experiences during the pandemic.
- COVID-19 -Employment & Work – Community Legal Education Ontario
- Grey Bruce Health Service Updates
- Coronavirus Global Cases, Deaths and Recoveries
- Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction Podcast
- Assessment Centers Open in Grey Bruce
- The Municipality of Grey Highlands
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Grey Bruce Health Unit
- COVID-19 Public Resources Public Health Ontario.
- Be prepared (COVID-19) (Infographic) Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Be prepared fact sheet Government of Canada.
- Know the facts about coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Government of Canada. Available in multiple languages.
- About coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public World Health Organization.
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
- Coronavirus: A Book for Children (PDF Download)
- A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists
CDC Hand-washing Videos