Library Service Updates (as of March 16)
All branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library will be CLOSED until further notice as a preventative measure to minimize the possible spread of COVID-19. All programs, events and room rentals are also CANCELLED. We will continue to provide updates on our website/Facebook. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 virus and the protections various levels of government and public health units are mandating, it is unknown at this time when we may be open to the public. This means that, while it is still possible to return materials at our Markdale and Flesherton branches, we will not be charging fines at this time.
For other inquiries, please send an email through the Contact Us page or phone either the Walter Harris Memorial Library in Markdale at (519) 986-3436 or the Flesherton Library at (519) 924-2241. We are still checking our voicemails regularly so please leave a callback number.
eResources are always available
- Borrowing eBooks and digital audio books is very easy! Download the “Libby” app onto your devices, and browse/access Here (Don’t forget: there are lots of children’s, juvenile, and young adult materials available this way as well).
- You can stream films, documentaries, and courses through Kanopy and Kanopy Kids!
- eResources available through our website can be found here:
Authoritative Information on COVID-19
Information from Local, Provincial and National Agencies
- (March 31) COVID-19 -Employment & Work – Community Legal Education Ontario
- (March 30) Grey Highlands COVID-19 Update
- (March 26) Grey Bruce Health Service Updates
- (March 26) Grey-Bruce’s Medical Officer of Health Orders Travelers to Self-Isolate
- (March 21) Coronavirus Global Cases, Deaths and Recoveries
- (March 21) Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction Podcast
- (March 18) – Assessment Centres Open in Grey Bruce
- The Municipality of Grey Highlands
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Grey Bruce Health Unit
- COVID-19 Public Resources Public Health Ontario.
- Be prepared (COVID-19) (Infographic) Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Be prepared fact sheet Government of Canada.
- Know the facts about coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Government of Canada. Available in multiple languages.
- About coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public World Health Organization.
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
CDC Hand-washing Videos