Library Service Updates
As of Wednesday December 23rd, 2020, all branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library are closed to the public.
Only Curbside Pickup services resume on December 29th, 2020, until further notice.
On March 16th, all branches of the Grey Highlands Public Library closed as a preventative measure to minimize the possible spread of COVID-19. In July, all three branches began offering Curbside Pickup. On September 19th, two branches opened to the public for limited service and hours.
On December 23rd, however, due to the Provincial Lockdown, all branches have closed to the public, and Curbside Pickup services are available on December 29th, until further notice.
Digital Services Continue to Expand!
- Borrowing eBooks and digital audio books is very easy! Download the “Libby” app onto your devices and access Here (Don’t forget: there are lots of children’s, juvenile, and young adult materials available this way as well).
- You can stream films, documentaries, and courses through RBDigital and Kanopy!
- eResources available through our website can be found here:
The Do: This is a local site, provided by the United Way, both for people who want to volunteer their assistance and for people to get different kinds of supports relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. Get started today and help (or get help from) your community!
For other inquiries, please send an email through the Contact Us page or phone either the Markdale branch at (519) 986-3436 or the Flesherton Library branch at (519) 924-2241. We are still checking our voicemails regularly so please leave a callback number.
Authoritative Information on COVID-19
Information from Local, Provincial and National Agencies
- (June 7) COVID-10 Recovery Phase Plans Grey Bruce Public Health
- (June 7) Novel Coronavirus Information Center Elsevier
- (May 26) COVID-19 Eligibility Rules for Benefits CLEO
- (April 24) Follow #CanadaDuringCOVID on Instagram – courtesy of Historica Canada – to share your experiences during the pandemic.
- COVID-19 -Employment & Work – Community Legal Education Ontario
- Grey Bruce Health Service Updates
- Coronavirus Global Cases, Deaths and Recoveries
- Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction Podcast
- Assessment Centers Open in Grey Bruce
- The Municipality of Grey Highlands
- World Health Organization
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
- Grey Bruce Health Unit
- COVID-19 Public Resources Public Health Ontario.
- Be prepared (COVID-19) (Infographic) Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Be prepared fact sheet Government of Canada.
- Know the facts about coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Government of Canada. Available in multiple languages.
- About coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public World Health Organization.
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus):
- Coronavirus: A Book for Children (PDF Download)
- A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists
CDC Hand-washing Videos